- Building Area: 99,000 sq. ft.
- Land Area: 0.62 AC
Capital Commercial Investment Services (“Capital”) has been retained by the Vendor for the purpose of exclusively marking for sale a 100% freehold interest 440 Edmonton Street in Winnipeg, MB, previously a long-term care facility for seniors. The property is comprised of a 13-storey rectangular-shaped tower building with a podium east entrance and a 2-storey annex addition for a total gross area of 99,000 sq. ft. situated on 27,000 sq. ft. (0.62 acres) of land area.
The site is located at the Southwest corner of the intersection of Edmonton Street and Sargent Avenue in downtown Winnipeg. The property also includes a surface parking lot with 27 surface parking stalls.
- Thirteen storey tower building which previously functioned as a long-term care residence for seniors with a single-storey main floor lobby and dining area located to the east of the main tower.
- Opportunity to acquire 99,000 sq. ft. concrete building with a 16,000 sq. ft. footprint on 0.62 acres for redevelopment purposes.
- 218 individual care suites with large windows and excellent ceiling heights plus amenity spaces on the main floor and lower level.
- Grade level parking to the west and north elevations with parking for 27 vehicles.
- The site is in Downtown Winnipeg directly across from Central Park and within walking distance of Portage Place, the Exchange District, the University of Winnipeg, and Red River College Polytechnic.
- Two paved entrances, one from Edmonton Street to the east and one leading into the back lane.
- Existing facility floor plans are ready for reuse or redevelopment. Existing layouts include resident care rooms, dining rooms, offices, commercial kitchen, and care amenities, including nursing stations and tub room spaces. The building has been decanted, and equipment has been removed.